Build a capsule wardrobe by investing in a few key pieces.
1. Very good quality plain white shirt. Good sources are Emporio Armani, Nara Camiche.
2. Great fitted coloured jacket to suit your style and shape. Marks and Spencer, Emporio Armani, Gucci.
3. The little black dress to take you anywhere. Dolce and Gabbana, RM, Alexander McQueen
4. Perfect jeans to suit Techwear Style your shape. Acne for high waisted, Seven for hipsters.
5. A pencil skirt for the office or a great night out. RM, Gucci, Reiss, Zara.
If you build on these 5 key pieces you have the beginnings of a capsule wardrobe which will work for you. To have style on any budget you can then use an Image Consultant or Personal Shopper to revamp or update your wardrobe.
A Personal Shopper will assess the key areas missing from your current wardrobe and aim to fill in the gaps. Thus you may have many work clothes but very few evening or casual clothes.
After a colour and style analysis she will take you to the colours,styles and shapes that work best for you. Very quickly you will have an optimum wardrobe full of clothes that you love, that work together in any combination and raise your confiden.